1. As my friend Shana would say.. ‘you are still on the French Riviera,’ basically – I do not feel sorry for you.’ ( Of course she’s right.. and to show I appreciate her honesty I have already prepared A LARGE TIN BASIN AND STEEL SOUP SPOON AS A GIFT FOR HER 4 YEAR OLD SON.)
2. You are on vacation.
3. This is really vacation. (Even though you and your children wake up earlier than school days and you have to use the car 10 times more than you would – even if you were in America..)
5. No one wants to come and visit.
6. Your kids stop fighting, or maybe you just can’t hear them anymore.
7. You can no longer hear the phone when it rings, thus avoiding various convocations from Nonna.
8. You have become extremely talented in lip-reading.
9. Your husband finally says you are right about something.(although maybe I only thought I heard him agree with me.)
10. The most important thing to remember when bulldozers are mowing down half the forest in your backyard is this: